We're giving $5,000 to one winner from the school with the highest participation rate in our Smarter College Scholarship
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER.
This Smarter College competition (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by LeverEdge Association. (“Sponsor”).
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to natural persons who are legal residents of the U.S., at least 18 years old at time of entry; who are currently enrolled in a undergraduate graduate degree program or will be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Fall 2022. Employees of Sponsor and their immediate family members (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or spouse), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible.
3. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on June 3, 2022 at 9:00AM EST and ends September 30th, 2022 at 11:59PM EST (“Entry Period”). All times determined by Sponsor’s clock (ET).
4. How to Enter: Persons who meet the eligibility requirements may complete the Smarter College $2,500 Scholarship, and submit the completed application for entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entries made by commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services are ineligible. Entrants are responsible for any charges of online service providers or wireless carriers. Each entrant may enter using only one (1) account. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entrant will be deemed the authorized account holder at time of entry. Should more than one (1) entry per person be received, Sponsor reserves the right to void all such entries. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or scrambled entries. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an entry, each entrant represents and warrants that he/she has read and accepted these Official Rules and agrees that Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. Selection of Winner: The Sponsor will count the number of eligible entrants from each program and calculate the penetration at each program. The program with the highest penetration will be selected as the winning program. Penetration is defined as the sum total of eligible entrants from said program divided by the total active enrollment of that program. A random drawing will be held on or about Oct 1st, 2022 from all eligible entries from entrants in the winning program, received during the Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries from each program, the number of eligible entries from the entrant’s program and the total number of eligible entries.
6. Prize: One (1) $5,000 payment to the winner. Prize will be awarded, “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All federal, state and local taxes and duties are the winner’s responsibility. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash.
7. Notification of Winner: Potential winner will be notified by email and must respond within seven (7) days or prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner selected. Potential winner is subject to Sponsor’s verification of eligibility and compliance with law. In the event a potential winner is deemed ineligible or unable to accept a prize for any reason, a new potential winner will be selected following the procedures outlined above.
8. Prize Delivery: Prize will be disbursed to the recipient via check.
10. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, and in consideration of the opportunity to enter the Sweepstakes and to win the prize, each entrant, on behalf of himself/herself and any applicable heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, agrees that Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, successors and those acting on their behalf (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”) have no liability or responsibility and are hereby released from any liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the Sweepstakes or the prize; and to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor Entities from all claims, liability, damage, loss, injury or death to persons or property caused or claimed to be caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes (or any activity related thereto); acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize; or use of all or any part of entrant's or winner's survey response, entry, name, city of residence, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements or actions for publication, advertising and promotional purposes. Each entrant expressly waives California Civil Code § 1542, or any other statute of similar import or effect, that otherwise may exclude unknown claims from this release, as follows: I acknowledge that I am familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” I, being aware of said code section, hereby expressly waive any rights I may have thereunder, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
11. Administration of Sweepstakes: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate or modify the Sweepstakes and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer or human error which compromises the administration or proper play of the Sweepstakes.
12. Disputes: The Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, except as to matters relating to arbitration, which shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any dispute with any of the Sponsor Entities arising out of or related to the Sweepstakes or the prize will be decided only by arbitration, individually and not on a class-wide basis. No claim may be brought on a class-action basis or using class action procedures. Any arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association and will take place in Boston, MA. The remedy for any claim concerning this Sweepstakes or the prize is limited to actual damages. In no event shall any party be entitled to punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, or attorney’s fees or other costs in any dispute arising out of or related to the Sweepstakes or the prize.
13. Entire Agreement: These Official Rules serve as an agreement with Sponsor and reflect the entire understanding between entrants and Sponsor concerning the Sweepstakes and the subject matter hereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions, which will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of this agreement will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other term. No modification or waiver of the terms of this agreement shall be effective unless made in a writing signed by the parties.
14. Copy of Official Rules and Winner List: For a copy of these Official Rules or winner list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request to 6 Soldiers Field Park APT 505, Boston, MA 02163 or go to Sponsor’s website at https://smartercollege.org.
15. This Smarter College Competition Sweepstakes is sponsored by LeverEdge Association, 566 Commonwealth Ave, Unit 501, Boston, MA 02215.